Water Security and Sanitation
Tetra Tech leverages our engineering and institutional strengthening expertise to expand access to sustainable drinking water and sanitation services in urban and rural contexts and address water security challenges around the world.
With more than 40 years of experience, our global team of water security experts brings a deep bench of technical expertise to design sustainable solutions for water and sanitation challenges around the world. Using our Leading with Science® approach, we support our clients to design and expand water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) market-based solutions; mobilize WASH finance; and strengthen water resource governance. Tetra Tech also addresses wider water security challenges in emerging economies including climate resiliency, adaptation, and women’s empowerment. Our solutions are driven by local context, needs, and perspectives and tailored to the local systems to support sustainability.
Water Supply Systems
Tetra Tech works with our clients and their stakeholders to expand access to sustainable water services by designing and implementing new water supply schemes, improving public and private sector water governance, facilitating utility reform, and mobilizing finance to improve water delivery.
- Rural and urban design and engineering
- Utility performance management and non-revenue water reduction
- Governance and regulatory regime
- Investment readiness and transaction support
- Information management systems
Sanitation and Hygiene
Tetra Tech supports our clients to expand access to wastewater and sanitation service delivery, bolster the market for sanitation services and promote hygiene products and services, and accelerate the uptake of key sanitation and hygiene behaviors among households and institutions.
- City-wide sanitation planning
- Sanitation marketing and enterprise strengthening
- Decentralized wastewater services
- Household and community behavior change
- Menstrual hygiene management at schools, workplaces, and communities
Water Resources Management and Security
Our team collaborates with public and private sector water resource managers and users from local- to national-scale projects to strengthen water resource stewardship and security and development of the next generation of water specialists through internship and training programs.
- Hydraulic and land-use modeling
- Water quality monitoring and remediation
- Water basin governance, planning, and allocation
- Watershed protection and rehabilitation
- Climate forecasting and mitigation measures
- Flood control and stormwater management
- Desalination and water conservation
Connect with us. Reach out to our international development experts.
Be part of our work in water security and sanitation
Our people around the world are supporting our mission and vision to design and deliver sustainable and impactful development solutions. Work with us at Tetra Tech!