Tetra Tech, Inc., and its subsidiaries (“Tetra Tech”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
While some of the countries in which Tetra Tech operates have their own privacy laws, this is a global privacy statement supporting these country-specific laws. This statement will inform you how we look after your personal information when you visit this website, regardless of where you visit it from.
Where there are differences in the way we process your personal information due to local laws, we will notify you of this through supplementary or specific website privacy statements.
Tetra Tech will process your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement, unless otherwise required by applicable law. This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect information relating to children.
Tetra Tech is the “data controller.” This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
In line with applicable privacy laws, we will:
- Protect your personal information and keep it secure.
- Process your personal information lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent way.
- Collect your personal information only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Process your personal information relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Keep your personal information only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about or to satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations.
Personal information we may collect about you
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymized data).
The personal information we collect and process will depend on how you interact with us via our website (e.g., Contact Us page, Careers site, etc.). This may include but is not limited to:
- Identity data – such as first name, last name, username, or similar
- Contact data – such as email address and telephone number
- Employment-related data – if applying for a job vacancy
- Marketing and communications data – including your preferences in receiving marketing information
How we collect your personal information
How we may use your personal information
We will process your personal information in line with applicable privacy laws and for our own business purposes. Where you have provided your personal information via the website (see above), in doing so, you consent to the processing of your personal information. Further details about withdrawing your consent can be found below.
The following are examples of situations where we may use the personal information you provide to us:
- Responding to an inquiry you have made via the website.
- Making a decision about a job application you have submitted via the website.
- To send you marketing information relating to Tetra Tech’s services, if you have requested information from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes. You can opt out of marketing information at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email you have received from us.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests)
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not trade, sell, or rent your personal information without your consent, but may share your personal information with other Tetra Tech entities and may collect and/or provide aggregate statistics about its website and users to other parties such as website and or IT providers. Please be aware that, by providing personal information through the website, you are consenting to us processing and sharing your information in this way. Your personal information will only be shared with third parties if there is a requirement to do so and/or where required by law.
Tetra Tech expects third-party processors of your personal information to only use that information for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, as well as respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the applicable law(s). All our third-party service providers and other entities in our group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes.
International transfers of your personal information
Tetra Tech is a global organization. Therefore, we may transfer your personal information to other Tetra Tech entities and third parties across the globe and will ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection that is consistent with, and which respects, applicable privacy laws. This includes transferring to countries deemed “adequate” by the UK and European Commission and using appropriate safeguards with countries that are not considered as having adequate data protection laws.
How we protect your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we will retain your personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, contractual, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information; the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Depending on where you are located, your information will be retained for the relevant period under Tetra Tech’s applicable data retention policies. Further information can be provided upon request – please see Contact Us, below.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Under certain circumstances, and expressly subject to applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information, where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Right to withdraw consent where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact one of the email addresses provided below in the “contact us” section. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact one of the email addresses provided in the “contact us” section below.
We will respond to your request within the timeframe(s) required by applicable law. Please note, we may also need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
You may not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights, above). However, we may charge a reasonable fee in some cases, for example, if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Automated decision making
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means. However, we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Third-party website links
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Please see our California Consumer Privacy Act for further information.
EU-US Data Privacy Framework
Please see Tetra Tech’s EU-US Data Privacy Framework Policy for further information.
UK/EU-specific privacy-related queries please contact: [email protected]