Energy for Development
Tetra Tech is powering a just energy transition for all.
Tetra Tech is Leading with Science® to advance the clean energy projects and policies the world needs to achieve climate and decarbonization goals. We help create sustainable utilities and modern power grids. We promote equality and inclusivity in the global energy sector and at the intersection of energy and gender and energy-water-food. Our expertise includes scaling up renewable energy, increasing energy efficiency, and utilizing market-based mechanisms such as emissions trading. We work with governments, policy planners, investors and lenders, power project developers, and development agencies to increase energy access, strengthen energy security, and power economies.
Sustainable Energy and Climate Finance
Tetra Tech leverages public and private capital at scale to finance the clean and just energy transition. We implement and support comprehensive programs that involve policy reform, competitive procurement, utility demand-side management, and clean energy deployment.
- Renewable energy auctions and tendering
- Renewable energy and energy storage studies
- Carbon market and energy sector decarbonization
- Off-grid and distributed energy solutions
- Hydrogen strategies
- Investment due diligence and transaction advisory
- Blended finance advisory
Grid Transition and Utility Management Consulting
Tetra Tech partners with energy utilities worldwide to decarbonize portfolios, build resilient power grids, and boost operational efficiency. Our clients range from well-advanced utilities in North America, Europe, and the Middle East to recently privatized utilities in developing countries.
- Strategic planning for decarbonization, resiliency, capital investment planning, and portfolio optimization
- Operations management and performance enhancement
- Utility modernization and commercialization
- Digital asset management and inspection
- Smart grid digitalization and automation
- Owner’s engineer for grid infrastructure
- Renewable energy grid integration studies, assessment, and strategies
- Renewable energy and energy storage, feasibility, due diligence, deal structuring, and transaction advisory
- Policy and regulatory frameworks, including renewable energy regulations
- Gender lens investing and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goal achievement strategies
Energy Access and the Energy Nexus
Tetra Tech is improving livelihoods with gender-smart energy solutions that build climate resilience, power health, and cultivate sustainable agriculture. We look at the intersections between energy and activities that drive economic and social development.
- Energy access market research and market assessments
- Energy policy and regulatory navigation
- Grant program design and management
- Technical assistance, business acceleration, and access to finance for entrepreneurs
- Health facility electrification and operations and maintenance planning
- Gender equality, disability, and social inclusion (GEDSI) analysis and integration
- Gender lens investing, gender bonds, and blended finance products
- Organizational change management, including GEDSI interventions across the employee life cycle
Energy Sector Reform
Tetra Tech works with governments and development agencies to design and deploy transparent, competitive energy markets that power prosperity, spark economic growth, and strengthen energy security.
- Establishing competition by liberalizing or opening new energy markets
- Developing policy, legal, and regulatory frameworks, including renewable energy regulations
- Establishing and operating wholesale energy markets
- Advising on strategic energy planning
- Strengthening and expanding electricity networks to maximize international electricity trade
- Establishing energy regulators
- Assessing country reform progress via a sector maturity model
- Designing and delivering capacity-building programs for key energy institutions
Connect with us. Reach out to our international development experts.