Tetra Tech is delivering best-in-class energy consulting services and leading-edge technology solutions to power a just energy transition for all.
Our work advances clean energy projects and policies to achieve climate and decarbonization goals. We help create sustainable utilities and modern power grids. We promote equality and inclusivity in the global energy sector and at the intersection of energy and gender and energy-water-food.
Our expertise includes scaling up renewable energy, increasing energy efficiency, and utilizing market-based mechanisms such as emissions trading. Our clients are governments, policy planners, investors and lenders, power project developers, and development agencies. We work together to increase energy access, strengthen energy security, and power economies.
Our Expertise in Energy
Tetra Tech implements programs to accelerate the clean energy technologies and policies the world needs to achieve net-zero emissions.
- Comprehensive programs that involve policy reform, competitive procurement, utility demand-side management, and clean energy deployment
- Technical and economic assessment of advanced technologies to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, such as hydrogen development; carbon capture, utilization, and storage; electric vehicle (EV) integration; and offshore wind
- Schemes to enhance financial flows of projects while promoting emission reductions, such as renewable energy certificates or carbon credits in voluntary and compliance markets
Tetra Tech partners with energy utilities worldwide to decarbonize portfolios, build resilient power grids, and drive operational efficiency. Our clients range from well-advanced utilities in North America, Europe, and the Middle East to recently privatized utilities in developing countries.
- Renewable energy grid integration studies, assessment, and strategies
- Renewable energy and energy storage, feasibility, due diligence, deal structuring, and transaction advisory
- Policy and regulatory frameworks, including renewable energy regulations
- Gender lens investing and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goal achievement strategies
Tetra Tech delivers energy nexus solutions that build climate resilience, power better health, catalyze agricultural innovation, and advance inclusive economic prosperity. We look at the intersections between energy and activities that drive economic and social development.
- Gender equality, disability, and social inclusion (GEDSI) analysis and integration
- Organizational change management, including GEDSI interventions across the employee life cycle
- Gender lens investing
- Energy policy and regulatory navigation
- Grant program design and management
- Energy access market research and market assessment
- Health facility energy demand analysis and electrification options
- Development of public-private partnership models to promote sustainable investment
Tetra Tech works with governments and development agencies to design and deploy transparent, competitive energy markets that power prosperity, boost economic growth, and strengthen energy security.
- Establishing competition by gradually liberalizing or opening new energy markets
- Developing policy, legal, and regulatory frameworks, including renewable energy regulations
- Establishing and operating wholesale energy markets (rules formation and procedures)
- Advising on strategic energy planning
- Strengthening and expanding electricity networks to maximize the benefits of international electricity trade