Tetra Tech delivers innovative, nature-based solutions and structural design for coastal communities seeking climate-resilient flood risk reduction and marine habitat restoration.
Our interdisciplinary team is Leading with Science® to create industry-leading design solutions for some of the most complex issues facing coastal communities and ecosystems around the world. With climate change driving sea level rise, stressing marine life, and creating more frequent and intense weather events, we support our clients with sustainable and scalable solutions to protect and restore coastal environments.
Since our founding in 1966, we have employed high-end technologies and approaches to condition and risk assessments, project feasibility studies, and data-driven decision tools that capture all social and environmental benefits generated by an array of possible solutions. Our teams deliver sustainable, nature-based, and structurally sound solutions that are resilient and exceed client expectations—from designing a living shoreline or surge barrier protection system to assisting local communities with planning for a sustainable, blue economy.
Numerical Modeling and Predictive Analytics
We simulate the impact of the changing climate on our environment and use our suite of Tetra Tech Delta technologies to design optimal, nature-based solutions and manmade adaptations.
- Coastal and stormwater modeling
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Climate change and sea level rise modeling
- Remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS), and artificial intelligence (AI)
Tetra Tech designs living shorelines to reduce erosion, restore and sustain natural habitats, and increase coastal resiliency. We provide our clients with the social, economic, and environmental data they need to make informed decisions regarding shoreline protection.
- Natural and biological resources impact assessments and mitigation plans
- Coral reef, oyster bed, and sea grass restoration
- Dune and estuary restoration
- Socioeconomic and environmental benefit decision tools
Coastal Flood Risk Reduction
Our hazard mitigation and resilience planners incorporate the effects of climate change into advanced mitigation strategies that increase community flood protection and resiliency. We design sustainable solutions to address extreme weather events and sea level rise and support long-term resiliency in the built and natural environments, including levees, barriers, gates, seawalls, bulkheads, canals, diversions, and pumping systems.
- Climate change, extreme weather, and sea level rise action plans
- Risk, vulnerability, and reliability assessments
- Stakeholder engagement, legislative review, and funding management
- Flood risk reduction planning, life cycle cost estimating, and socioeconomic benefit assessment
Connect with us. Reach out to our One Water solutions experts.