Power Plant Services
Tetra Tech delivers science-based, technology-driven solutions to support our clients with carbon reduction strategies, permitting and compliance, and facility decommissioning and redevelopment.
Tetra Tech’s interdisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers, planners, and policy analysts use our Leading with Science® approach to create customized, sustainable, and scalable solutions that support clients around the world in addressing today’s evolving energy future. Our services span the full power plant life cycle, including:
- Evaluating and implementing carbon reduction strategies to increase power plant lifespans
- Developing permitting strategies
- Assessing environmental compliance to support continued safe operations
- Planning for the decommissioning and subsequent redevelopment of retiring power plants
Carbon Reduction Strategies
Tetra Tech is at the forefront supporting our clients as they adapt to carbon reduction mandates. We support clients around the world with strategies to employ zero-carbon and renewable fuels, perform plant optimization and management studies, and assess carbon capture and sequestration feasibility. Our team is certified to California Air Resources Board standards and verifies that carbon reductions are achieved.
- Hydrogen and hydrogen/natural gas blends, including green hydrogen
- Renewable fuels, including biomass, waste-to-energy, and fuels derived from biomass and waste
- Power plant optimization and management studies
- Carbon capture and sequestration (CCS)
- Certified carbon accounting verification
Permitting and Compliance
Tetra Tech supports our clients with permitting and compliance strategies across a broad spectrum of environmental media to help fossil-fueled power plants continue to function safely and provide vital energy resources.
- Planning, siting, permitting, and licensing
- Air quality and greenhouse gases
- Water withdrawal, wastewater disposal, and stormwater management
- Solid waste disposal, beneficial reuse, and Resource Conversation and Recovery Act hazardous waste
- Process safety management, risk management plans, and process hazard analysis
- Audits and compliance manuals
Facility Decommissioning and Redevelopment
Connect with us. Reach out to our sustainable energy solutions experts.