At Tetra Tech, our Leading with Science® approach to remediation helps our clients achieve regulatory compliance, reduce or eliminate site risks, and improve property values while protecting our natural environment.
Our site remediation teams deliver innovative solutions around the globe for some of the most complex environmental cleanup challenges our clients face. We provide full-service capabilities, subject matter expertise, and outstanding project delivery to address a wide range of contaminants in all media of concern in an evolving regulatory environment. Our focus on safe project execution and our ability to offer comprehensive services from planning through construction provide our clients with cost-effective, low-risk solutions to site remediation.
Remedial Design and Engineering
Tetra Tech develops cost-effective remediation solutions based on site investigations, feasibility studies, an understanding of future site use, client objectives, and applicable regulatory and permitting requirements. We deliver proven remedial design and engineering techniques to provide best-value sustainable solutions for new remediation projects and optimization of existing remediation projects.
- Pre-design investigations
- Site-, location-, and contaminant-specific approaches
- Soils, sediments, and sludges
- Groundwater and surface water
- Air quality and control
- Procurement and bid support
Soil and Groundwater Remediation
Tetra Tech designs and implements remedial solutions that reduce our clients’ liabilities and restore contaminated lands to productive use around the globe. Our applied experiences enable development of proven and innovative remedies that optimize business performance for our clients and provide exit strategies for sustainable site closure.
- Soil remediation
- Groundwater remediation
- TetraCap™ guaranteed fixed price remediation program
- Low-level radiological remediation
- Munitions remediation
- Operation and maintenance
- Regulatory compliance and closure
Tetra Tech provides complete planning, permitting and regulatory compliance, engineering, design, construction, geosynthetic installation, remediation, and operations and maintenance services for coal combustion residuals (CCR). Our wide-ranging technical experience, combined with our full lifecycle services, provides beneficial solutions and compliant closures.
- Permitting and regulatory compliance
- Engineering design
- Impoundment closure, geosynthetic liners, and remediation
- Landfill construction and closure
- Operations and maintenance
- Beneficial use
- Decommissioning and repurposing
We develop sediment remediation and restoration strategies for contaminated rivers, streams, lakes, and coastal areas. Our experience includes the remedial design and remediation of sites with a wide range of contaminants, using both active and passive technologies with full design-build capability. We have supported several of the largest sediment remediation projects in the world.
- Site development strategies
- Site characterization
- Engineering design
- Site restoration
Mine Site Remediation
Tetra Tech provides comprehensive mine site services to characterize and facilitate the reclamation or remediation of contaminated mine lands to mitigate risks to human health and the environment. We first understand our client’s objectives and the regulatory environment to develop compliant, scientifically sound, innovative, and cost-effective remedial designs to execute remedial actions that meet our clients’ goals for post-mining land reuse and/or divestiture.
- Abandoned mine lands
- Coal mines
- Hardrock mines
- Operations, monitoring, and maintenance
- Hydrogeological and biogeochemical modeling
- Mine-impacted water identification, management, and treatment
- Acid and metalliferous mine drainage
- Coal seam and mine fire abatement
Landfill and Solid Waste Remediation
Tetra Tech has years of experience finding proven systems and innovative solutions for our clients for the environmental investigation and remediation of landfills and other solid waste sites around the world. Tetra Tech’s team of top-level environmental specialists are ready to investigate and remediate releases of hazardous substances to the environment from landfills and solid waste facilities. Our experts can address solvents, petroleum, metals, and emerging contaminants in the most complex geologic conditions.
- Sediment and ecological impacts
- Vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation
- Regulatory reporting
- Remedial system installation, injection programs, excavation, and capping
- Landfill liner installation
- Landfill gas control systems
Tetra Tech delivers environmentally sound, cost-effective solutions that manage client risk by developing compliant and beneficial decommissioning plans, conducting specialty decontamination services, and providing safe, systematic demolition and dismantling. Tetra Tech’s expertise helps clients minimize project risks, streamline operations, and successfully deliver projects.
- Facility assessment and deactivation planning
- Hazardous materials and asbestos surveys and abatement
- Decommissioning, decontamination, and demolition
- Asset recovery, recycling, waste management
- Impoundment and landfill closure and construction
- Program management and/or owner’s engineer services
Tetra Tech transforms environmental legacy or remediated brownfield sites into economic assets for our clients. Our turnkey support and sustainable solutions integrate feasibility studies with commercial, industrial, and residential redevelopment initiatives. Our team has proven site redevelopment design and engineering techniques to augment innovative and traditional site redevelopment strategies specific to real estate developers and industrial/commercial clients.
- Phase I/Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Project management, feasibility studies, and environmental vulnerability risk analyses
- Funding and economics opportunities
- Value engineering, procurement and bid support, and sustainable solutions
- Ecological compensation and mitigation
Connect with us. Reach out to our environmental solutions experts.