Planning, Siting, and Permitting
Tetra Tech provides industry-leading, science-based planning, siting, and permitting services to clients developing or evaluating energy projects.
Energy investors and developers need a partner who can evaluate potential sites quickly and cost-effectively; navigate the regulatory environment efficiently; and complete environmental and permitting support services on time, within budget, and in compliance with applicable regulations and statutes. Using our Leading with Science® approach, we integrate our environmental permitting and engineering services with data-driven solutions for energy projects around the world. Our experienced team of scientists, planners, engineers, and project managers understand both the national and local environment, regulations, and resources.
Planning and Siting
Tetra Tech provides expert support to help our clients evaluate potential sites during the initial stages of a project. When integrated with our conceptual site design and engineering services, our interdisciplinary teams help identify any significant issues or challenges that might affect projects in the development and permitting stage of the project.
- Preliminary planning, siting, routing, and feasibility studies
- Critical issues/fatal flaw analysis
- GIS constraint mapping, modeling, and data management
- Engineering resource modeling and simulations
- Aerial imagery, remote sensing, and topography surveying through LiDAR
- Interconnection assessments
- Acquisition support and investment due diligence
Permitting and Licensing
Tetra Tech provides support services for permitting and licensing on small, distributed, and utility-scale energy projects requiring all levels of licenses or permits. We combine these permitting and licensing support services with our engineering solutions to help clients navigate complex permitting and regulatory requirements and develop effective, site-specific engineering solutions to support successful construction and operations.
- Biological resource (wetland, wildlife, and avian) and geotechnical studies
- Cultural resource and architectural history surveys
- Hydrology, drainage, and floodplain studies
- Noise and visual impact assessments
- Air quality, water use, stormwater, and industrial wastewater analysis and assessments
- Local, state, federal, territorial, and provincial permitting
- Environmental impact assessments
- Public outreach and expert witness testimony
Connect with us. Reach out to our sustainable energy solutions experts.