Tetra Tech is helping Ukraine strengthen its energy sector while working toward a cleaner, more secure energy future.
- More than $360 million secured to develop innovative, modern energy systems
- 74 energy laws, policies, regulations, and standards proposed, adopted, or implemented
- 955 people trained on gender equality in the energy sector
- 27 financial and market models developed to support energy sector reforms
Tetra Tech’s energy and policy experts have:
- Helped Ukraine synchronize with the European electricity grid, further opening its energy market and reducing reliance on Russian energy sources
- Supported the new wholesale electricity market’s launch to increase competition and transparency and designed a temporary mechanism to protect consumers from price shocks
- Worked with the electricity market operator to improve financial reporting and prevent corruption to increase public trust
- Trained government institutions on climate change mitigation and modern tools for energy sector planning
- Advanced an innovative solar-plus-battery-storage project to support ancillary grid services and reduce wear and tear on power plants
When Russia invaded Ukraine in 2022, Tetra Tech expanded our work to support emergency infrastructure repair and reconstruction, helping Ukraine to keep delivering electricity to homes, hospitals, schools, and public institutions. The USAID Energy Security Project is also working with the Government of Ukraine and Europe’s Energy Community to deploy the Ukraine Energy Support Fund, a multi-donor fund established to provide critical energy equipment and meet the country’s immediate supply chain needs.
Through Tetra Tech’s support, Ukraine is building open and competitive energy markets based on European standards. Once connected to European markets, Ukraine will build a more resilient energy supply to provide high-quality and reliable energy for its citizens and spread the benefits of economic development across the country.