Tetra Tech is working alongside the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to strengthen its strategic climate adaptation programming worldwide.
As the global climate change crisis exacerbates each year, so does its threat to the survival and livelihoods of communities and ecosystems around the world. With rising temperatures and sea levels, people are experiencing increasingly devastating natural disasters and climate impacts that upend their lives and the places they call home. And the effects of climate change are not equal—they disproportionately impact the poorest and most marginalized communities.
- Producing adaptation guidance and toolkits to support evidence-based decision-making
- Developing thought leadership and multidisciplinary research
- Providing adaptation monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning support
- Expanding learning exchange opportunities for partners and stakeholders
The USAID Climate Strategy was developed alongside the President’s Emergency Plan for Adaptation and Resilience (PREPARE) to guide a whole-of-Agency approach to addressing climate change, including support to build climate resilience in USAID partner countries. Tetra Tech is implementing the USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity (CASA) to support USAID in this endeavor. We are helping USAID mainstream climate adaptation programming across the Agency’s work and partnering directly with countries to develop climate research, policy, and technologies. In addition, our experts provide technical assistance to generate best practices for adaptation programming across key sectors like agriculture, health, water, education, biodiversity, and natural resource management.
Tetra Tech’s climate experts are collaborating with USAID, government, civil society, local community, and private sector partners to develop impactful adaptation approaches by:
- Developing and synthesizing actionable information to design climate interventions and system shifts
- Identifying strategic, forward-looking, and scalable adaptation and resilience approaches
- Building inclusive stakeholder capacity and strengthening partnerships
Throughout the implementation of CASA, Tetra Tech will promote equitable and inclusive climate action, led by local communities and USAID partner country stakeholders. Our approach focuses on creating sustainable, scalable, and nature-based solutions designed to strengthen climate resilience, reduce emissions, and conserve ecosystems simultaneously.