Advancing Wind Energy in Maine
- 136 MW of clean energy contributing to Maine’s RPS
- 3 wind projects permitted and in operation
- 1 wind project in development
- More than 75 technical assessments and natural resource surveys performed
- Interactive GIS story book developed for presentations at virtual meetings
Tetra Tech’s comprehensive support to Patriot Renewables includes:
- Providing support for siting, design, resource assessment, and impact and mitigation assessment
- Managing the permitting and compliance processes
- Coordinating with regulatory agencies
- Managing GIS data and conveying data-rich technical information to stakeholders in an accessible web-based format
- Conducting technical assessments to determine shadow flicker, sound, and visual impacts
- Performing natural resource surveys, including avian radar, vernal pools, and wetlands to provide critical baseline data for designing projects that avoid, minimize, or mitigate environmental impacts
Tetra Tech’s ability to adapt to unexpected challenges, anticipate regulatory constraints, and leverage our technical expertise associated with wind energy development has enabled us to advance our client’s goals for these wind energy projects and contribute to Maine’s RPS for more than a decade.
Tetra Tech has conducted many of our environmental studies and provided permitting assistance in a diligent, professional, and timely manner.