Planning and Permitting Services
Tetra Tech provides science-based, strategic solutions to obtain the necessary permits and authorizations required for projects to successfully advance from inception through completion.
Tetra Tech helps our clients navigate the tough regulatory process. By combining our Leading with Science® approach and leveraging our innovative Tetra Tech Delta technology solutions, we strive for smarter and more efficient outcomes that resonate with our clients. We provide comprehensive support throughout planning and permitting, drawing upon our global reach and resources while maintaining a deep understanding of local conditions.
Regulatory Permitting and Compliance
A key to successful permitting is to avoid triggering major and protracted permitting processes that can lead to costly and lengthy project delays. Tetra Tech offers comprehensive planning and permitting services worldwide, assisting clients in navigating complex regulatory processes at federal, state and provincial, regional, and local levels. With a global presence, our expertise encompasses international permitting and compliance. Our extensive work on the U.S. National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) demonstrates our commitment to providing exceptional solutions for various permitting challenges.
- U.S. National Environmental Policy Act and state-equivalent program compliance
- Utilities commissions regulatory compliance
- Mandatory greenhouse gas reporting
- Regulatory pathway identification and permitting risk analysis
- International permitting
- Resource management and mitigation plans
Tetra Tech’s team of skilled environmental scientists, planners, and engineers conduct issue-driven analyses of potential environmental impacts associated with development components and activities, often prior to entering a regulatory process. We combine detailed baseline information with subject matter expertise to develop robust impact assessments.
- Ecological constraints analyses and due diligence
- Baseline environmental surveys and statistical analyses
- Alternatives development and cumulative impact analyses
- Irreplaceable/irretrievable commitment of resources analyses
- Environmental justice impact statements
- Indigenous ecological knowledge
Biological/Ecological Resource Studies
Tetra Tech conducts biological and ecological resource studies and surveys throughout the world at any project scale, demonstrating our commitment to comprehensive environmental assessments on a global level.
- Threatened and endangered species surveys
- Wetland delineation and classification
- Habitat and vegetation assessments and botanical inventories
- Revegetation and reclamation monitoring
- Avian use, breeding bird, and wintering bird surveys
- Pollinator surveys
- Bird and bat acoustic studies
- Fish community/habitat assessments and environmental DNA (eDNA) sampling
- Natural capital
Cultural Resource/Archaeological Studies
Tetra Tech provides expertise in archaeological and historic architectural investigations to help projects comply with protections afforded to cultural resources around the globe.
- Literature reviews
- Cultural resource surveys
- Evaluative cultural resource testing
- Data recovery projects
- Historic architectural surveys
- Historic properties treatment plans/inadvertent discovery plans
- Integrated cultural resource management plans
Tetra Tech helps our clients build long-term and meaningful relationships with the public, including economically disadvantaged and indigenous communities affected by project components or activities.
- Meeting facilitation
- Public information materials
- Social and traditional media outreach
- Virtual and in-person surveys
- Virtual and in-person open houses/public meetings
- Public comment management
- Environmental justice issues
Connect with us. Reach out to our environmental solutions experts.