Tetra Tech provides custom tools and technology to assess hazard risks and develop strong mitigation strategies to increase resiliency and protect communities from future disasters.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of mitigation services, with the expertise and resources to assist public and private sector clients to address the entire continuum of devastating impacts of manmade and natural events. We develop processes to:
- Better inform clients about hazards they face
- Prioritize, scope, and implement projects designed to mitigate risks
- Plan, train, and exercise public safety professionals to enhance their readiness to respond
- Engage communities
- Oversee public relations
Short- and Long-Term Planning
Tetra Tech works with states, communities, businesses, and utilities to develop actionable short- and long-term plans customized to their needs. We work closely with clients to understand their unique situations and identify strategies to achieve their goals.
- Hazard mitigation planning and loss avoidance studies
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Community Rating System (CRS) consulting and floodplain management studies and analyses
- Levee and dam inspection and management
- Climate adaptation planning
- Public outreach via events, TV, radio, and digital platforms
- Comprehensive and master community planning
- Land use and zoning policy and plan development
Program Design, Administration, and Compliance
Tetra Tech assists clients identify future grant opportunities to supplement the disaster-related mitigation programs. We managed a grant-funded project of more than $8 million for the application development and implementation of a 42-home buyout of flood damaged properties under the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP). We also assist with Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) program management and construction management services, including preparing applications; conducting outreach to potential property owners; developing application scopes; assessing cost-effectiveness (cost-benefit analysis); and providing regulatory clearances, grant implementation, and audit and closeout services.
- Acquisition and demolition programs
- Home elevations
- Wind retrofit
- Flood control and minor flood repair projects
Tetra Tech managed a grant-funded project of more than $8 million for the application development and implementation of a 42-home buyout of flood damaged properties under the HMGP.
Connect with us. Reach out to our disaster and emergency management experts.