Leachate Management and PFAS
Tetra Tech is Leading with Science® to assess and provide solutions for contaminants of emerging concern in landfill liquids.
Tetra Tech provides cost-effective and reliable leachate management solutions that are successfully converting millions of gallons of landfill leachate into effluent that meets regulatory requirements. Our services range from evaluating and assisting with identifying and assessing site-specific treatment options to design and construction of state-of-the-art leachate treatment facilities.
- Feasibility studies
- Process selection
- Treatment optimization and process upgrades
- Engineering design and construction management
PFAS and Emerging Contaminants
Tetra Tech provides practical and effective treatment solutions to manage and reduce CECs, such as PFAS, in landfill leachate. Our team includes technical experts in chemistry, regulatory compliance, human health and ecological risk assessment, hydrogeology, engineering, geology, and public engagement.
- Potential PFAS sources and sites identification
- Contaminant fate and transport modeling
- Capital investment and operational cost assessment
- Technology development to reduce by-product treatment
- Destructive technology development for PFAS treatment
Comprehensive Landfill Liquid Management
Tetra Tech addresses landfill liquids from their origins. We help operators to identify and implement procedures that reduce leachate generation, manage recovered landfill liquids, identify cost-effective disposal options, and provide engineering design services to implement the best solutions.
- Climate resiliency and reduction of leachate generation
- Treatability studies and cost-benefit analyses
- Permanent and temporary capping options
- Collection system fouling evaluations and solutions
- Permitting and compliance reporting
- Construction management and support services
Connect with us. Reach out to our integrated solid waste solutions experts.