Geosynthetics Supply and Installation
Tetra Tech provides geosynthetics installation for solid waste landfills, mining and coal combustion residuals (CCR) and coal ash disposal sites, power plant cooling ponds, industrial waste containment facilities, and more advanced renewable energy facilities in the United States.
We have longstanding relationships with private owners, general contractors, and several large U.S. solid waste clients. We also have significant experience working with the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Defense, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Superfund sites.
Our regionally based project managers and estimating groups work with field crews that install approximately 100 million square feet of geosynthetics annually on more than 100 projects across the United States. Tetra Tech is a member of the International Association of Geosynthetics Installers and a certified installer for all major geosynthetics manufacturers. We use U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Mine Safety and Health Administration-trained crews in accordance with regulatory requirements. We also maintain a full complement of vehicles and equipment to facilitate projects across the United States and have a large inventory of company-owned welding equipment suited for projects of any size.
Geosynthetic Construction and Installation
Tetra Tech is the only consulting firm that provides complete turnkey services for alternative geosynthetic covers, from initial assessment through permitting, design, and construction certification. We have unmatched experience in most applications of geosynthetic materials. We installed the largest berm liner using HydroBinder cement-stabilized sand ballast ever undertaken by the closure turf manufacturer around a large power plant reservoir in Texas.
- Solid waste and CCR containment facilities
- Mining and power generation industry ponds, facilities, and structures
- Temporary and permanent covers and liners
- Chemical, hazardous, industrial, and utility containment structures
- Stormwater retention structures and turf installation
- Reservoir liners and decorative and civil pond installations
- Wastewater, agriculture, and aquaculture
Installation of Materials
Tetra Tech has significant expertise with larger and more difficult geomembrane or geosynthetic installations across the United States, with a focus on safety and quality. Tetra Tech specializes in installing specialty materials in difficult conditions, including polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polypropylene (PP), ethylene propylene diene terpolyme (EPDM), and XR-5 high-strength geomembranes.
- High density polyethylene (HDPE) geomembrane
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) geomembrane
- Geonet, geotextile, geocomposite, and geosynthetic clay liners (GCL)
- ClosureTurf® and HydroTurf® (Certified CT and infill installer)
- Wind Defender®
- Specialty geomembranes
Connect with us. Reach out to our integrated solid waste solutions experts.