Tetra Tech is a global leader in the identification, abatement, and removal of explosive hazards in some of the world’s most difficult operating environments.
We have more than two decades of successfully providing nearly $1 billion in munitions response services, removing explosive hazards to restore land to productive use. Our munitions response program is International Organization for Standardization (ISO) compliant for both Quality (9001) and Environmental Management (14001) and follows International Mine Action Standards (IMAS). Tetra Tech tailors these methods and processes to the unique needs of commercial and U.S. government clients and host-nation requirements to safely provide services on time and within budget. Through our robust global procurement, logistics, and recruiting networks, Tetra Tech’s domestic and international teams are fully equipped with the right tools and supplies, skill sets, and training for each project’s unique need.
Tetra Tech’s munitions response services include munitions and explosives of concern (MEC) and explosive remnants of war (ERW) clearance, humanitarian mine action (HMA), and physical security and stockpile management (PSSM). Our full-service, in-house expertise and breadth of munitions response capabilities are unmatched by other firms.
Tetra Tech’s commercial explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) experts and geophysicists rapidly and efficiently survey land, infrastructure, homes, and property to identify and neutralize threats and restore beneficial reuse. We offer turnkey solutions for the spectrum of munitions response—from removal actions (RA) at military facilities and ocean ranges to explosive-hazards survey and clearance of entire townships for HMA. We foster and maintain ethical business relationships to gain stakeholder trust and seamlessly deliver services, while protecting the safety and security of our employees and project assets.
Tetra Tech uses the latest technology, capturing real-time field data on digital devices and storing results in secure, web-accessible GIS for ready visualization and project monitoring. Tetra Tech has successfully completed electromagnetic and magnetic surveys of more than 100,000 acres in marine and terrestrial environments to provide data for reliable MEC detection.
Our munitions response program works across the international development continuum, applying Tetra Tech’s collective experience and expertise to address security and stabilization challenges. We collaborate with the broader donor and technical community to build host-country capacity through outreach, education, training, and technical assistance (TA). We engage local and international nongovernmental organizations (NGO), subcontractors, and community leaders, with the requisite diplomacy skills and cultural understanding to help us avoid and mitigate project risks and meet client objectives.
Munitions and Explosives of Concern and Explosive Remnants of War Clearance
- Department of Defense Explosives Safety Board (DDESB)-approved explosives safety plan preparation
- Munitions Response Site (MRS) survey, investigation, and remediation
- Digital geophysical mapping (DGM), including aerial photogrammetry, terrestrial, and marine studies
- ISO 17025-accredited Advanced Geophysical Classification (AGC)
- Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) support including range sustainment and operations, and ERW and chemical warfare material RAs and disposal
Humanitarian Mine Action
- Program advisory TA to address ERW and to counter improvised explosive device (IED) threats
- IMAS-compliant training
- Mine risk education
- Risk assessment, survey, and clearance of explosive hazards
- K9 search
Physical Security and Stockpile Management
- Stockpile security and vulnerability assessments
- Program planning and programming, training, and TA
- Small arms/light weapons (SA/LW) inventory optimization
- Demilitarization and destruction