SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California
Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group is providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), energy code compliance plan checking, and project site inspection services on behalf of the City of Inglewood for SoFi Stadium—the new stadium for the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Size: 3,100,000 square feet
- Construction Cost: $2.6 billion
- Client/Owner: City of Inglewood, California
- Architect: HKS
- Contractor: Turner, AECOM Hunt
- Completion Date: 2020
When completed in 2020, the $2.6 billion venue will offer seating for 70,240 fans and provide standing-room capacity for more than 100,000 people for larger events.
Current plans call for the following features:
- A 175-foot tall structure composed of metal borders and ETFE, a clear, lightweight fabric that offers similar transparency to a car windshield
- Two Stage Clubs, designed mid-level in the stadium’s corners, will span multiple floors and are connected by a grand staircase that projects into the seating bowl
- The Perch Suites, smaller premium spaces for six to eight people located in the stadium’s upper corners, will rely heavily on technology and are influenced by the dashboards in luxury automobiles
- In several locations, fans will be able to walk completely around a concession stand encased in glass with chefs operating cooking stations
- The food hall concept carries the working title of 365 Experience and is modeled after the popular city market trend with multiple vendors operating under one roof.