According to the World Health Organization, nearly 800 million people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water and more than two billion lack access to improved sanitation.
The inadequacy of these services results in depressed economic development, poor health outcomes, and a restriction of human potential.
As one of the world’s premier water resources and international development firms, Tetra Tech is Leading With Science® and leveraging its core expertise in engineering to expand access to sustainable drinking water and sanitation services. We also address wider water resources challenges in emerging economies including climate resiliency and adaptation.
Tetra Tech works with donors, government agencies, the private sector, and consumers to achieve universal access to safe drinking water, and sanitation management services. With experts and programs around the world, Tetra Tech supports its clients to:
- Design and expand water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) market-based solutions
- Mobilize investment and improve creditworthiness for utilities and enterprises
- Foster improved sector governance, reforms, and accountability
- Train and coach public sector agencies in water resource planning, monitoring, and customer service
- Identify appropriate and affordable technologies.
We also provide world-class water and sanitation infrastructure design, engineering, and construction monitoring services. Through our support for our clients’ programs, Tetra Tech contributes to improving public health, economic growth, and gender and social inclusion across the WASH sector.