Tetra Tech guides defense clients through all phases of the design process, providing engineering studies, assessments, and concept through full design of facilities and infrastructure to support military operations.
Through full-service, multidisciplinary delivery, Tetra Tech supports defense clients by fulfilling mission-critical objectives with high-quality design services delivered on schedule and within budget.
Our designers consider the full range of project factors, including lifecycle costs, operations and maintenance needs, environmental resilience and sustainability, and advanced security measures to deliver responsive solutions that meet end-user needs. We develop tailored, constructible solutions that fit the local context and mission requirements, leveraging the global resources of our 21,000-person enterprise. Our work management plan promotes project success through proven quality, schedule, and cost management; effective subcontractor management; and coordinated document control and communication protocols.
Tetra Tech’s designers support varied defense requirements for new construction, as well as for sustainment, restoration, and modernization initiatives. Our portfolio includes expeditionary, temporary, and enduring facilities and infrastructure projects. We support military clients with architect-engineer (A-E) and technical design services throughout a project’s life cycle:
- Engineering studies and assessments
- Conceptual and parametric design
- Construction documents
- Design-bid-build—full design
- Design-build (D-B)—bridging documents and employer’s requirement documents
- D-B design guardianship
- FIDIC Yellow and Red Books
- NEC contract documents
- D-B designer of record
- Design management
- Program management and design integration
We apply the latest tools and technologies to enhance design activities, including MS Project, SharePoint, and Teams; Primavera (P6); MCASES II; TRACES; PACES; PC Cost; Project Wise; DrChecks; ProjNet; Autodesk Revit; Civil 3D; BIM; Bentley Architecture; and virtual reality.
Specialized Design Services
Tetra Tech provides responsive services from across our global network of design centers on fast-track defense projects executed worldwide. This allows us to provide surge design capacity to respond to changing requirements and project priorities, as well as subject matter expertise and specialty engineering to address niche requirements:
- Sustainable and resilient design
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)/Export Administration Regulation (EAR), Secret/classified compliance
- Weapons effects on buildings and blast resilience
- Specialized training facilities
- Virtual design
- Historic preservation
- Value engineering
- Design in accordance with the U.S. Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), including anti-terrorism/force protection (AT/FP) measures
Our design team is experienced in local codes and capable of responding to the need for combined U.S./U.K., international, and host-nation building codes.
Design Quality Management
Our commitment to quality and continual improvement is integrated into every phase of our project delivery cycle and at all levels of the organization, ensuring that the highest technical standards and industry best practices are reflected in every project we execute. Our teams produce high-quality deliverables by implementing ISO:9001-certified quality assurance/quality control procedures:
- Design quality management plans
- Design quality control plans and design quality execution plans
- Independent technical reviews and independent verification
- Government reviews
- Interdisciplinary coordination and design check