Tetra Tech’s architects, engineers, and program and project managers support the full range of programming and planning, design, permitting, and construction of facilities and infrastructure for military installation projects to enhance global defense capabilities.
Our military project portfolio comprises buildings, utilities, airfield, and waterfront facilities, including those in remote and hostile locations. Select examples include:
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Middle East District Architect-Engineering Services
- National Air Combat Capability (NACC) infrastructure project in support of the F-35A Joint Strike Fighter aircraft capability, Australia
- U.S. Air Force Special Warfare Aquatic Training Facility, Texas
- UK Naval Support Facility, Bahrain
Tetra Tech manages high-security projects using Defense Assurance and Information Security (DAIS)-accredited and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705-compliant management systems for protectively marked material and classified information. We have experienced design and project management staff with security clearances, and more than 1,450 professionals with current Five Eyes clearances.
With a deep reserve of technical staff with military service backgrounds, we bring first-hand knowledge of operational needs and constraints to our military customers. In the UK, we hold the Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award for our commitment to support the Armed Forces Covenant. Our experienced program and project managers guide projects from inception to completion, drawing from across Tetra Tech’s extensive in-house multidisciplinary expertise.
Our customers are our partners, and we take care to understand every step of the process to deliver a successful project. Our approach is based on:
- Applying rigorous quality management to provide high-quality deliverables and services
- Communicating frequently and honestly with our customers to effectively manage risk, schedule, budget, and quality
- Using established and government-audited systems to provide regular financial reporting
- Incorporating sustainable and resilient design to reduce risk and enhance cost effectiveness over the long term
- Providing project management, contract administration, and initial business case services to effectively deliver project planning, design, and construction phase support
- Teaming with in-country partners who bring local language, capacity, and knowledge to inform designs and consider local construction methods and materials
We believe quality is gained through active monitoring and prevention, not appraisal. We promote a culture where higher quality and increased productivity are mutually reinforcing project objectives.
As a testament to our commitment to quality, Tetra Tech’s primary international design centers hold International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certifications. We hold the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems Standard for international work completed from the United States; the ISO 440001 Collaborative Working Standard with Defence Infrastructure Organisation for our work completed from the United Kingdom; and the AS/NZS ISO 90001 and ISO/IEC 17025 for our work completed from Australia and New Zealand. We also comply with the Defence Estate Quality Management System for the Australian Department of Defence.