Democratic Governance and Justice Reform in Latin America and the Caribbean
Strong democratic governance, accountability to civil society, and safety and security are key to the economic growth in Latin America and the Caribbean that will help reduce poverty, promote equality, and maintain citizens' trust in democratic systems.
Tetra Tech helps developing and transitioning countries establish and strengthen institutions and programs for democratic, accountable governance and effective justice systems that are essential for equitable economic growth, social development, protection of human rights, and security.
Tetra Tech’s international development experts strive to understand each country’s unique characteristics and practices and develop programs that facilitate transparency, decentralization, rule of law, and civic participation. Our approach builds the skills, knowledge, and capacity of communities to implement meaningful democratic reforms and sustainable, long-term development.
Tetra Tech’s services in this sector include:
- Anti-corruption, transparency, and accountability
- Human and institutional capacity building
- Decentralization and improved local governance
- Land tenure and property rights
- Public administration reform
- Rule of law and human rights
- Legislative strengthening
- Security and stabilization
Learn more about our democracy and governance services worldwide.