Close: Reclamation, remediation, closure
Tetra Tech provides expert support for the reclamation, remediation, and closure stage of the complete mine life cycle as part of our full-service offering.
Tetra Tech’s earth scientists, geologists, hydrogeologists, ecologists, engineers, and reclamation specialists provide focused support and technical expertise to mining companies to achieve reclamation, post-mining land use, and site divestiture goals. We take pride in developing practical, economical, and scientifically sound plans and designs that are tailored to the site-specific project conditions.
- Strategic-level to construction-level closure and reclamation plan development
- Lease relinquishment support
- Cost estimation, including asset retirement obligation, life of mine, and financial assurance and bonding
- Facility decommissioning
- Alternatives analysis and feasibility studies
- Mine waste geochemical characterizations and management
- Acid rock drainage prevention and mitigation
- Mine water treatment and water management
- Mine subsidence analysis
- Abandoned mine lands closure
- Coal seam and mine fire abatement
- Tailings and heap leach closure
- Closure cover design and hydrologic analysis
- Erosion and sediment control design and analysis
- Revegetation planning, design, and performance monitoring
- Closure bond cost review and estimation
- Provision of post-closure site management and monitoring to ensure environmental compliance
- Post-reclamation monitoring to document reclamation success
- Divestiture strategies
Health and Safety Commitment
Tetra Tech is a leader in safety performance, consistently applying health and safety practices to all projects around the world. This commitment to safety excellence extends across the entire organization—from corporate leadership to local project staff. Clients have direct access to our program information and ratings through BROWZ and ISNetworld.
Environmental and Social Responsibility
Tetra Tech helps mining companies build and maintain relationships with communities and local governments. We offer expertise to support corporate social responsibility and environmental programs, as well as adherence to the Equator Principles for determining, assessing, and managing social and environmental risks and the associated reporting requirement for funding emerging mine projects and significant mine expansions.