California Consumer Privacy Act
Tetra Tech, Inc., and its subsidiaries (“Tetra Tech”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
The Tetra Tech Privacy Statement–Global, is a global policy supporting country/state specific laws. This privacy statement outlines the additional disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and should be read alongside the Tetra Tech Privacy Statement-Global.
This statement will inform you about how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information both online, when you visit this website regardless of where you visit it from, and offline, in line with the CCPA.
Where there are differences in the way we process your personal information due to local laws, we will notify you of this through supplementary or specific website privacy statements.
Tetra Tech will process your personal information in accordance with its privacy statements, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Personal information we may collect about you
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymized information).
The personal information we collect, and process will depend on how you interact with us via our website (e.g., Contact Us page, Careers site, etc.) or offline through other channels or interactions. This may include but is not limited to:
- Identity information - such as first name, last name, username or similar
- Contact information - such as email address and telephone number
- Employment related information - if applying for a job vacancy
- Marketing and communications information - including your preferences in receiving marketing information
The below table lists the categories of personal information and sensitive personal information which may be collected or processed based on your specific transactions and interactions with Tetra Tech, including the personal information collected and processed in the preceding 12 months. For each category of information, the categories of third parties and service providers (data processors) to whom we have disclosed the information in the last 12 months are referenced by a letter that coincides with the letter in the list of categories of service providers and third parties under the section ‘Disclosure of your personal information’ that follows below. No category of personal information listed has been sold or shared in the preceding 12 months.
Tetra Tech does not knowingly collect information relating to children. Further, we do not knowingly sell or share personal information of individuals under 16 years of age.
|Category||Examples||Disclosed in Last 12 Months To|
|Name, alias, social security number, date of birth, driver’s
license or state identification card number, passport
|A, B, F, G, I, J|
|Username and password for our accounts and systems,
and any required security or access code, password,
security questions, or credentials allowing access to your
Tetra Tech accounts.
|A, B, F, G, I, J|
|Username and password for our accounts and systems,
and any required security or access code, password,
security questions, or credentials allowing access to your
Tetra Tech accounts.
|Information contained in your resume regarding
educational history, information in transcripts or records
of degrees, vocational certifications obtained, and
information regarding prior job experience, positions
held, and when permitted by applicable law your salary
history or expectations.
|Date and time of your visit to a Tetra Tech website;
webpages visited; links clicked on the website; browser
ID; browser type; device ID; operating system; form
information downloaded; domain name from which our
site was accessed; search history; and cookies; internet
or other electronic network activity information related
to usage of our networks, servers, intranet, or shared
drives, including system and file access logs, browsing
history, search history, and usage history.
|IP address and/or GPS location, latitude & longitude||H|
Of the above categories of Personal Information, the following are categories of Sensitive Personal Information we may collect from or about applicants:
- Personal Identifiers (social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number)
- Account Information (your Tetra Tech account user id in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to the account)
- Geolocation Data (IP address and/or GPS location, latitude & longitude)
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Information that a business has a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public by the consumer, independent contractor, or applicant, or from widely distributed media.
- Information made available by a person to whom the consumer or applicant has disclosed the information if the consumer or applicant has not restricted the information to a specific audience.
- Deidentified or aggregated information.
How we collect your personal information
We may also collect your personal information from our employees and contractors when you interact with them; surveillance cameras at our physical locations; lead generators and referral sources; credit and consumer reporting agencies; recruiters; social media platforms; our systems, networks, software applications, and databases you log into or use.
How we may use your personal information
We may collect and/or use your personal information for any one or more of the following business purposes:
- To respond to an inquiry you have made via the website.
- To send you marketing information relating to Tetra Tech’s services; if you have requested information from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes. You can opt out of marketing information at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email you have received from us.
- To fulfil or meet the purpose for which you provided the information.
- To respond to inquiries, including requests for information.
- To improve user experience on our website.
- To understand the demographics of our website visitors.
- To detect security incidents.
- To debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website.
- To protect against malicious or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible.
- To prevent identity theft.
- To verify and respond to consumer requests.
Job applicant purposes:
- To fulfil or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to apply for a job with us, we will use that Personal Information in connection with your candidacy for employment.
- To comply with local, state, and federal law and regulations requiring employers to maintain certain records, as well as local, state, and federal law, regulations, ordinances, guidelines, and orders relating to infectious diseases, pandemics, outbreaks, and public health emergencies, including applicable reporting requirements.
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment.
- To obtain and verify background check and references.
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
- To permit you to create a job applicant profile, which you can use for filling out future applications if you do not get the job you apply for.
- To keep your application on file even if you did not get the job applied for in case there is another position for which we want to consider you as a candidate even if you do not formally apply.
- To evaluate and improve our recruiting methods and strategies.
- To engage in lawful monitoring of job applicant activities and communications whey they are on our premises, or utilizing our internet and Wi-Fi connections, computers, networks, devices, software applications or systems.
- To evaluate, assess, and manage our business relationship with vendors, service providers, and contractors that provide services to us related to recruiting or processing of data from or about job applicants.
- To improve job applicant experience on our computers, networks, devices, software applications or systems, and to debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our systems.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
We may disclose your personal information for any one or more of the business purposes identified above.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal information
Tetra Tech may disclose your personal information to the following categories of service providers, contractors, or third parties:
- Financial institutions
- Product manufacturers/administrators
- Government agencies
- Marketing support vendors and vendors that support managing or hosting the website
- Data analytics vendors
- Consumer reporting agencies or credit reporting agencies
- Employee tracking and talent management systems
- Security and risk management vendors, including IT, cybersecurity, and privacy vendors and consultants
- Corporate customers (meaning an entity, as opposed to a natural person, that purchases, leases, or finances any of our products or services)
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) (suppliers and makers of the products / vehicles we sell or lease to our customers/employees)
We do NOT and will not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
We do not and will not use or disclose your sensitive personal information for purposes other than the following:
- To perform the services reasonably expected by an average employee who requests those services.
- To detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information.
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the business and to prosecute those responsible for those actions.
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons.
- For short-term, transient use.
- To perform services on behalf of Tetra Tech.
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product, service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Tetra Tech, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by Tetra Tech.
- For purposes that do not involve inferring characteristics about the consumers, contractors, and applicants.
Tetra Tech expects its data processors of your personal information to only use that information for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, as well as respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the applicable law(s). All our data processors and other entities in our group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our data processors to use your personal information for their own purposes.
International transfer of your personal information
Tetra Tech is a global organization. Therefore, we may transfer your personal information to other Tetra Tech entities and third parties across the globe and will ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection that is consistent with, and which respects, applicable data privacy laws.
How we protect your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure in compliance with applicable law.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we will retain your personal information
We will retain each category of personal information in accordance with applicable law. As this is a global privacy statement, it is impossible to determine how long we will retain each category of data as to all consumers who visit our website or interact with us offline or in other ways from anywhere in the world. In deciding how long to retain each category of personal information that we collect, we consider many criteria, including, but not limited to: the business purposes for which the personal information was collected; relevant national, federal, state and local recordkeeping laws requiring retention of certain records for minimum periods; applicable statutes of limitations for legal claims to which the information may be relevant; and legal preservation of evidence obligations.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, contractual or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Under certain circumstances, and expressly subject to applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Under the CCPA, you have the right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you going back to January 1, 2022, unless doing so would be impossible or involve disproportionate effort, or unless you request a specific time period.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. Under the CCPA, you have the right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to know where you have the right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected about you going back to January 1, 2022, unless doing so would be impossible or involve disproportionate effort, or unless you request a specific time period, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information.
- Right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf. See below for how you can designate an authorized agent.
- Right to not be discriminated or retaliated against for exercising any of the above rights, including an applicant’s and independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for exercising the above rights.
Verification and Response
We will respond to your request within the timeframe(s) required by applicable law. Please note, we may also need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you are a California resident, when you submit a Right to Know, Right to Access, Right to Delete, or Right to Correct request through one of the methods provided above, we will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Specifically, we will ask you to verify information that can be used to link your identity to particular records in our possession, which depends on the nature of your relationship and interaction with us. For example, we may need you to provide your name, email, phone number, IP address, browser ID, amount of your last purchase with the business, and/or date of your last transaction with the business.
Responding to Your Right to Know, Right to Access, Right to Delete, and Right to Correct Requests
Upon receiving a verifiable request from a California resident, we will confirm receipt of the request no later than 10 business days after receiving it. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 calendar days, or 90 calendar days total from the date we receive your request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
For a request to correct inaccurate personal information, we will accept, review, and consider any documentation that you provide, and we may require that you provide documentation to rebut our own documentation that the personal information is accurate. You should make a good-faith effort to provide us with all necessarily information at the time that you make the request to correct. We may deny a request to correct if we have a good-faith, reasonable, and documented belief that a request to correct is fraudulent or abusive. If we deny your request to correct, we shall inform you of our decision not to comply and provide an explanation as to why we believe the request is fraudulent.
If you are a California resident, you can authorize someone else as an authorized agent who can submit a request on your behalf. To do so, you must either (a) execute a valid, verifiable, and notarized power of attorney or (b) provide other written, signed authorization that we can then verify. When we receive a request submitted on your behalf by an authorized agent who does not have a power of attorney, that person will be asked to provide written proof that they have your permission to act on your behalf, and we will also contact you and ask you for information to verify your own identity directly with us and not through your authorized agent. We may deny a request from an authorized agent if the agent does not provide your signed permission demonstrating that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Other California Privacy Rights
The California Civil Code permits California Residents with whom we have an established business relationship to request that we provide you with a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below. Please mention that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Automated decision making
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means. However, we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Third party website links
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. We encourage you to check our website frequently to see the current Privacy Statement in effect and any changes that may have been made to them. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the revised Privacy Statement and the revised effective date on this website. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information. Please check back here periodically or contact us.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us.
This Privacy Statement was last updated June 2023
Tetra Tech Inc – Corporate Headquarters
3475 East Foothill Boulevard
Pasadena, California 91107-6024, USA
P +1 (626) 351-4664
F +1 (626) 351-5291