Tetra Tech Recognizes Safety Month 2019, Safe By Choice
Safety is at the forefront of Tetra Tech’s daily operations. Each June, in partnership with the National Safety Council, we recognize Safety Month by renewing our commitment to safety and reinforcing the importance of safety awareness among our employees around the world. At Tetra Tech, we are Safe by Choice* at work, home, and on the road.
Safety Month is a critical component of our overall Health & Safety Program, which proactively works to prevent incidents and makes sure all our employees go home in the same condition as they arrived at work. Through our program, we establish and support a safety culture, provide expert guidance on Health & Safety topics, educate our employees about safety topics and applicable laws and guidelines, and recognize exemplary safety performance.
During each week of June, we will share important safety tips and prevention measures that are relevant at work and at home. We also will incorporate resources from our FOCUS 4 Injury Prevention Program, which raises awareness about the most common types of preventable incidents. Our 2019 Safe by Choice campaign will focus on the following topics:
- Week 1 (May 28-31) – Our commitment to safety: Sharing information about our safety program, Safe by Choice campaign, and employee engagement activities
- Week 2 (June 3-7) – Hazard recognition: Identifying, preventing, and avoiding hazards
- Week 3 (June 10-14) – Slips, trips, and falls: Putting safety methods into practice to prevent injuries
- Week 4 (June 17-21) – Distracted driving: Understanding and preventing common distractions
- Week 5 (June 24-28) – Defensive driving: Anticipating hazards and other drivers’ actions
Tetra Tech’s commitment to safety is reflected in the company’s safety achievements. In 2018 our enterprise-wide Total Recordable Incident Rate outperformed industry peers by 32 percent, and our enterprise-wide Lost Work Day Incident Rate outperformed industry peers by 33 percent. Twenty-nine Tetra Tech operating units qualified to receive the U.S. National Safety Council Perfect Record Award for 12 consecutive months without a Lost Workday Injury.
*This year’s theme is courtesy of Safety Week.