Tetra Tech Provides Services to Help Communities Respond to Debris-causing Storms
In the aftermath of a natural disaster, every second counts. Government organizations face the overwhelming task of coordinating, implementing, and managing a disaster recovery effort while trying to provide normal day-to-day services and respond to customer concerns. Our team’s extensive knowledge and experience with debris-generating winter storms helps disaster recovery efforts succeed.
For more than 20 years, our emergency management and disaster recovery experts have helped clients successfully prepare for, respond to, and recover from both natural and human-caused disasters. Our disaster response team is recognized for their ability and capacity to respond promptly to a wide range of emergency situations, allowing clients to focus on critical day-to-day operations.
Tetra Tech is highly knowledgeable about post-event operational processes and procedures required to help jurisdictions receive maximum reimbursement from the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other funding agencies. Our team has managed recovery efforts for more than 69 million cubic yards of debris on behalf of more than 200 public sector clients, resulting in FEMA reimbursable costs in excess of $3.5 billion.
Our team’s extensive work with FEMA has allowed us to facilitate reimbursement quickly and cost-effectively. The response and recovery services we routinely provide to our clients include:
- Contract management
- Critical infrastructure evaluation
- Disaster debris management and monitoring
- Data management and GIS reporting
- Disaster operations staff augmentation
- Emergency call center operations
- Environmental assessment and remediation
- FEMA compliance monitoring and audit oversight
- FEMA reimbursement and appeals support
- Financial recovery services
- Hazardous waste collection disposal and monitoring
- Leaner, hanger, and stump debris removal
- Incident action planning
- Preliminary damage assessments
- Program management
- Residential disposal site operation
- Right-of-entry administration
- Right-of-way debris removal monitoring and documentation
- Temporary debris staging site environmental support
- Waterways cleanup support
Tetra Tech is proud to have been awarded a number of competitively bid contracting vehicles that state and local government agencies, universities, tribal entities, nonprofit organizations, and private sector businesses can use to expedite and eliminate the cost of the procurement.