Remote Emergency Power Generator for Ontario Power Generation
Working at an Ontario Power Generation nuclear power station, Tetra Tech provided engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) services to bring a new remote emergency power generator online within 12 weeks from project start.
Tetra Tech provided overall project management, design engineering, electrical system analysis and coordination, regulatory interface, and contract negotiation services. The project included a 22.5-megawatt combustion turbine unit with two 800-kilowatt diesel generators.
The EPCM scope of services included:
- A 22.5-megawatt combustion turbine unit
- A 230-kilovolt substation
- A fuel supply system
- Two 800-kilowatt diesel generators
- A 44-kilovolt power feed from local utility provider
- A 480-volt switchgear and MCC for the balance of plant
- A 30-megawatt load bank to provide full load for the CTU
- Electrical and mechanical buildings
- A grounding grid