Managing the GSMA Ecosystem Accelerator Innovation Fund to help bring impactful mobile solutions to the people and places that need them most
International Energy Services
Adequate supplies of energy and electricity are necessary for the economic growth and prosperity of developing countries and to ensure long-term investment, employment, and security. Today, many countries face energy shortages caused by chronic under-investment in domestic supply infrastructure and the rising price of imported fuels. The World Bank Group estimates that developing countries need an annual investment of $165 billion for electricity supply alone through 2010, increasing at about three percent per year through 2030. Other energy investments in fuel, renewable energy and transmission and distribution come with additional costs.
Tetra Tech’s clients—policy planners, investors, financial institutions, and bi-lateral development agencies—are addressing the interrelated challenges of improving the commercial and managerial performance of power supply infrastructure, expanding access to reliable energy supplies particularly in rural areas, promoting public and private investment in clean energy and low-carbon approaches to economic development, and supporting governments and private sector in developing countries to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
Tetra Tech is working with our clients to improve the energy sector’s performance, both in terms of enterprises and regulation, and to integrate renewable and other low-carbon-generation options into the energy mix. Our services are focused on the following:
- Improving corporate governance and commercialization of state-owned energy companies
- Establishing competition in energy markets through market-opening and gradual liberalization
- Strengthening utility management and operations to underpin efficiency, quality of service, and financial sustainability
- Increasing private sector participation in the energy sector
- Strengthening and expanding the electricity networks to maximize the benefits of electricity trading
- Supporting generation, transmission, and distribution projects through a full range of financial instruments
- Introducing clean energy programs and renewable energy to reduce carbon emissions