Design lead for USACE hurricane risk reduction project in New Orleans
Dams, Reservoirs, and Levees
Tetra Tech’s dams, reservoirs, and levees program combines three of the company’s core strengths—water, infrastructure engineering, and environmental services—to provide drinking water, flood protection, and renewable energy worldwide. Our comprehensive experience, vast technical resources, and financial strength have been proven through more than four decades of service on all aspects of dam, reservoir, and levee projects.
Engineering News Record (ENR) ranks Tetra Tech #1 in Dams and Reservoirs, Water, and Environmental Management. For 14 years in a row, we have held our top ranking in water.
Our work spans the full range of engineering design and related services for wet construction of new dams, dam modification, rehabilitation, and decommissioning, as well as for locks, levees, and hydropower facilities throughout North America and around the world.
We offer a full suite of multifaceted environmental studies, exploratory drilling and on-site testing, hydrographic surveys, and hydrologic and hydraulic studies to support project planning, permitting, design, and operations.
- Environmental impact review and permitting
- Hydrologic and bathymetric surveying
- Reservoir management and lake restoration
- Erosion, sedimentation, and geomorphic analysis
- Operation and safety studies
- Inspection, structural evaluation, and certification of dams, levees, and storm protection structures
- FEMA compliance: emergency action planning, including dam break and flood analyses
- U.S. and Canadian licensing
We specialize in developing cost-effective, reliable, and sustainable designs that optimize project potential while minimizing environmental impacts. Our design innovation often becomes the blueprint for later projects.
- Project feasibility studies
- Conceptual and detailed design of dams and powerhouse structures, fish bypass facilities, pumping stations and flood control gates, and outlet works
- Reservoirs, canals, levees, navigation structures, and locks
- Gate and valve evaluation and design
- Instrumentation and controls
- Owner's engineer services
We offer multi-disciplinary expertise and turnkey resources to oversee and manage construction around the world through traditional design-bid-build and alternative delivery methods. Our work covers the range of wet construction and materials, including concrete, earthen, and roller-compacted concrete.
- Construction plans and permits
- Procurement support
- Resident engineering
- Construction management and quality assurance
- Materials testing
- Startup, commissioning, and operator training
Providing innovative design concepts for the design-build of the Panama Canal’s new Third Set of Locks complexes
Providing engineering, procurement, and construction services for new, integrated potable water facilities, from source through distribution
Simultaneous redevelopment and upgrading of four generating stations
Providing engineering services to upgrade the flood protection system for The United States’ capital