Making communities more resilient to extreme weather hazards
Tetra Tech recognizes that the search for effective sustainable development and environmental management practices is now solidly set against the backdrop of the rising temperatures and sea levels and uncertain weather patterns associated with global climate change.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of climate resilience services. We have developed a proven framework for conducting climate change hazard and risk assessments using scientifically rigorous standards. With the resulting data and information, we develop mitigation and adaptation plans that incorporate local knowledge to yield sound strategies for climate change resilience. Our expertise spans the continuum of resiliency—helping urban areas prepare for, withstand, and respond and adapt to climate change. We focus on ensuring the security of vulnerable and critical infrastructure and services, such as water supply, by using a comprehensive framework that recognizes system interdependencies.
- Building retrofits and LEED certification
- Climate vulnerability assessment and options analysis
- Disaster risk resilience, flood management, and flood protection
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Low impact development and green infrastructure
- Ports and harbors
- Public health assessment
- Utility services and management
- Wastewater collection, treatment, and reuse
- Water supply and distribution systems