Awards and Recognition
Tetra Tech has a proven record and a well-defined process to mentor, guide, and train the small business subcontractors who support the execution of our projects. The U.S. federal government has recognized our excellence in this area with multiple awards.
Our partnering philosophy is shared across our global operations. We strongly believe that through shared training, we can achieve socioeconomic goals; enhance the development of small businesses; execute work safely, on schedule, and within budget; and meet contract quality objectives.
Dwight D. Eisenhower Award, Excellence in Service Category (2013) and Construction Category (2008, 2001)
This award recognizes large federal government contractors with effective small business subcontracting programs that create the maximum practicable opportunity for small business; veteran-owned small business; service-disabled, veteran-owned small business; HUBZone small business; small disadvantaged business; and women-owned small business concerns. Tetra Tech was selected for this award based on an evaluation of our program, including our standard operating procedures, national subcontracting leadership and small business liaison officers, small business outreach, use of small businesses in all socioeconomic categories, and participation in the Mentor-Protégé program. Firms that have received this award within the past three years are not eligible for nomination.
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Mentor of the Year (2016)
This award is given annually by the USAID Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization to recognize a large, prime contractor for effective development assistance provided to a small business through a USAID-approved mentor-protégé agreement. Tetra Tech was selected for this award based on a nomination from our protégé firm, SSG Advisors. As Mentor of the Year, Tetra Tech is acknowledged for its excellence in assisting out protégé firm with pricing strategy, security policy, contract compliance, staff trainings, and indirect rate management. The award is presented at the USAID Annual Small Business Conference in Washington, DC.
Nunn-Perry Award (2001, 2002, 2004, 2006)
The prestigious Nunn-Perry Award, named in honor of former U.S. Senator Sam Nunn and former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Perry, was first awarded in 1995 to recognize outstanding Mentor-Protégé teams formed under the auspices of the Department of Defense Mentor-Protégé Program. Tetra Tech has received numerous Nunn-Perry awards for protégé firms listed below:
- 2006, Protégé: TN& Associates, Inc., Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2004, Protégés: EM-Assist, Folsom, California, and Sullivan Consulting Group, San Diego, California
- 2002, Protégé: Nobis Engineering, Inc., Concord, New Hampshire
- 2001, Protégé: TAC Services, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Frances Perkins Vanguard Award (2003)
Frances Perkins was a social reformer and the first woman to serve in a cabinet-level position in the U.S. federal government. This national award honors federal government agencies and industry for their excellence in the use of and commitment to women-owned small businesses as prime contractors and subcontractors. Firms that have received this award within the past three years are not eligible for nomination.
Other Notable Awards
- Society of Military Engineers (SAME) Large Business Award (2016) in recognition of outstanding small business subcontracting performance in support of U.S. Department of Defense programs, including participation in the SBA mentor-protégé program, employee training on supporting small business initiatives, and participation at small business conferences. Read more.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Large Business of the Year (2011) in recognition of Tetra Tech’s outstanding performance and significant contributions to the FAA Small Business Development Program goals and objectives, including its participation in the FAA’s Mentor-Protégé Program.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Special Recognition Corporate Achievement Award (2007) in recognition of contributions to involving veteran-owned small businesses in federal government programs.
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s Award of Distinction (2004) in recognition of contributions to involving small businesses in federal government programs.
- U.S. Defense Logistics Agency Small Business Program Award (1997, 1998) in recognition of Tetra Tech’s outstanding rating for our small business program, reflecting dedication to assisting and providing subcontracting opportunities to small businesses.