Supporting design of a new all-weather highway development through aboriginal land claim areas
As pioneers in arctic engineering and other services in the North, Tetra Tech has a proven reputation for successful northern development. Tetra Tech provides world-class consulting and construction services to owners of infrastructure in transportation, mining, and energy, and to communities in the Circumpolar Region.
The Circumpolar Region encompasses Arctic areas and areas of permafrost around the globe. It is an extreme environment where temperatures can drop below −50°C (−58°F), many communities are not accessible by road, and traditional engineering approaches often fail. For more than 40 years, we have helped connect and explore this rich, magnificent, and fragile world.
Tetra Tech provides adaptive engineering and scientific services that reach beyond traditional approaches. Tetra Tech is one of the only firms able to provide full lifecycle services for development of northern transportation, mining, energy, and community infrastructure projects. Our team provides specialized consulting and construction services, including full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) solutions.
Our clients include private and public owners of infrastructure. We have strong relationships, local presence, and aboriginal partnerships in northern Canada and Alaska.
Exploration and Project Planning
- Circumpolar region exploration support
- Collection, analysis, and reporting of environmental data
- Project scoping, siting, and routing
Feasibility Studies, Design, and Permitting
- Design, monitoring, and performance analyses
- Planning, design, and construction of aviation infrastructure
- Road and highway design, transportation planning, and traffic engineering
- Geotechnical engineering in Arctic and permafrost regions, including ground support, slope stability, mine design, and blast plans
- Planning, design, and construction for tailings management including frozen core dams
- Mine infrastructure development
- Preparing permit applications and environmental impact statements
- Operations and environmental management in extreme environments
- Community and regulatory consultations
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility stage studies
- Ice road route selection, design, construction, and monitoring
- Ice pad design, construction, and monitoring
EPCM and Construction Administration
- Engineering design
- Procurement management
- Construction management
- Cost and schedule control
Operation, Decommissioning, and Reclamation
- Environmental monitoring
- Operational management
- Expansion and upgrade planning
- Decommissioning, closure, and reclamation planning